Landlord Tenant Security Deposit Miami FLTechnically part of consumer law, landlord and tenant law could constitute to a branch of the law on its own! Unfortunately, if you own a property, at some point you would need a landlord and tenant attorney, either to help you with a contract or with an eviction issue. Isaac Spragg is your Miami Eviction Attorney! Compassionate and committed to change your wrongs to a right, he stands out among other rental property lawyers. Tenants are also not always at fault. You also have rights and can speak to a landlord and tenant attorney, should anything bother you about your rental agreement or landlord. You may ask: “A landlord and tenant attorney near me? Where can I find one?” You’ve already found us – the Spragg Law Firm. We will give you excellent service and advice. Call us for a free consultation.
I am a landlord – what are my rights?
- You have the right to enforce your lease agreement.
- You have the right to a landlord security deposit from your tenant. Security deposit law requires that, should there be no damages to your property at the end of the lease agreement, it should be paid back to the tenant.
- You have the right to your rent – paid on time and with the full amount.
- You have the right to a reasonable amount of time to fix, repair and replace items as per request from your tenant.
- You have the right to take possession of your property at the end of lease, with proper notice given to the tenant.
- You have the right not to be harassed by your tenants.
- You have the right to evict tenants who are in breach of contract.
Clients call us frequently in a panic: “Where can I find an eviction lawyer near me?” Yes, we know that the process of eviction can be frightening and full of potholes.
I am a tenant – what are my rights?
- You have the right to live peacefully, safely and securely in the house or apartment you are renting.
- You have the right to be free of harassment from your landlord. Your landlord must make an appointment to speak to you or to do an inspection.
- You have the right to an abode free of insects, rodents or mold.
- The landlord must meet his legal obligations under the terms of the lease between you.
- If something needs to be fixed, you have the right under the terms of lease, to ask the landlord to do the repair in an apt manner.
- You have the right to a timely return of your security deposit. Should your landlord not return your security deposit, you may have just cause to speak to an attorney for security deposit return.
- You have the right to a tenant attorney (or an eviction attorney that speaks for tenants).